EXCLUSIVE: Sooraj Barjatya on how his kind of filmmaking is relevant in today’s times – “Values of families remain the same, even if they’re not a joint one”

Director Sooraj Barjatya has given some of the most iconic family- dramas in Bollywood. His films were no less than a celebration of relationships, values, and Indian culture. The 58-year-old filmmaker is currently gearing up for his next directorial Uunchai which stars Amitabh Bachchan, Anupam Kher, and Boman Irani in the lead.

EXCLUSIVE: Sooraj Barjatya on how his kind of filmmaking is relevant in today's times - "Values of families remain the same, even if they're not a joint one"

When we asked where does his filmmaking come in in today’s market to still be relevant and if it’s a challenge. Sooraj said, “If you see traditionally then we say family values are declining. But I feel the importance of a family will never change. I feel only the ways of exhibiting family values will change.”

He further explained, “Values of families remain the same, even if they’re not a joint one. Or for example, I couldn’t talk freely with my father but nowadays my children sit with me and talk to me freely. This doesn’t mean they don’t love or respect me, it’s just the way of showing respect that has changed, which we must respect. So, I think families will always be the core force.”

“Today, everyone is much more focused on themselves, which is correct also, we must respect it. But personally, I feel cinema has a big responsibility,” he said before adding, “As a director I feel I would like to go against the wind and I would like to give back those traditions somewhere.”

He then continued, “I am trying to say it in a different way, in a humorous way because someone should at least say it if in a family, you trust each other, you’ll be trusted. Because that’s important.”

Speaking of Uunchai, the film is slated to release on November 11. The film explores the story of three friends, who decide to climb the Mount Everest to fulfil the last wish of their late friend.

Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: Sooraj Barjatya talks about how he identifies with emotions of Uunchai

The post EXCLUSIVE: Sooraj Barjatya on how his kind of filmmaking is relevant in today’s times – “Values of families remain the same, even if they’re not a joint one” appeared first on Bollywood Hungama.

Via Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/U01L9bh

Comments