EXCLUSIVE: Rakul Preet Singh reflects on her tryst visiting a male gynaecologist; says, “As a teenager, I was shy to visit a male gynaecologist”

Rakul Preet Singh and Ayushmann Khurrana-starrer Doctor G was about a male doctor who was eager to go into orthopaedics but ended up becoming a gynaecologist, which leads to chaos. This Anubhuti Kashyap directed film released on October 14, 2022.

Sharing her personal experience of visiting male gynaecologist during the Bollywood Hungama Best Actress Round Table 2022 presented by Astroyogi, Rakul said, “Long ago, the first time I ever went to a gynaecologist, it happened to be male. I had no experience on how or what it would be. I was shy being a teenager. However, I had my mother, so it was fine. Eventually I forgot about it. It was not a thought that stayed on with me. I evolved and grew as a person, and at a certain point I don’t know when my mind adapted to it”.

Further relating her experience with the film, she said, “During Doctor G, I realized that it is actually not the case with so many people. I questioned what was wrong with it, as it is a human anatomy. You would go to an eye surgeon, but not to a male gynaecologist. I think it should be your credibility as a doctor, which should be accounted for more as opposed to the gender you are. I think that is why Doctor G was such an important film to me as for them (male gynaecologists), it is just a physical aspect of your body.”

Highlighting the importance of this matter, Rakul further added, “God forbid, if tomorrow you have to go for a heart check-up or a surgery; you cannot decide if a male would do it for you or a female. Which is why I think it is a conversation that is supposed to start”.


Not everyone has normalized it, as not everyone can be comfortable with a male gynaecologist, to which Rakul replied, “It is because of this reason there are some ethics and rules to appoint female attendance if there is a male gynaecologist treating a female patient”.

To get more insights on various topics covered by these actresses, watch Bollywood Hungama Actresses Round Table 2022 presented by Astroyogi.

Also Read: Rakul Preet Singh is relishing the winter sun and the wedding season sporting a peach lehenga with embroidery that cost Rs. 68K

The post EXCLUSIVE: Rakul Preet Singh reflects on her tryst visiting a male gynaecologist; says, “As a teenager, I was shy to visit a male gynaecologist” appeared first on Bollywood Hungama.

Via Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/OKj3wVT

Comments