Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani: Writer Ishita Moitra overwhelmed with positive response: “Thank you Karan Johar for giving me some of the most incredible writing days of my life”

In his 25th year as a filmmaker, Karan Johar’s Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani starring Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt released today in theatres worldwide. The film also stars Dharmendra, Jaya Bachchan, Shabana Azmi and Bengali actors Tota Roy Chowdhury and Churni Ganguly. As the appreciation is increasing tenfold for the film, writer Ishita Moitra penned a heartfelt note and shared a series of photos with Karan Johar, Dharmendra, Shabana Azmi, Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt.

Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani Writer Ishita Moitra overwhelmed with positive response “Thank you Karan Johar for giving me some of the most incredible writing days of my life”

In a lengthy note on Friday, Ishita Moitra thankd Karan Johar for giving the opportunity to channel her creative energy. She wrote, “Soch nayi swaad wahi”. To me this represents the core tenet of #RRKPK. While this film is a love letter to Hindi cinema, we also aimed for it to, within its warm embrace make some pertinent points about gender roles, cancel culture, and of course, patriarchy. Thank you @karanjohar for giving me some of the most incredible writing days of my life. Our discussions, the old Hindi film songs, the Sau Din Saas Ke conversations and of course, the fat free, gluten free, sugar free – FREE- cakes. There is an ease about you, that makes work fun and stress free, and that’s so hard to replicate. You are a force of nature and a creative giant. And I learn something from you, every second I spend with you. When I moved to Mumbai, much to the amusement of everyone, I used to announce quite seriously that one day I was going to write for KJo. Somen, because of you, this long cherished dream has actually turned into reality. Thank you @somenmishra for bringing me to Dharma. I am so chuffed that I am getting to tell some of my best stories thanks to you.”

She thanked the cast including the lead stars and wrote, “Thank you my Rocky and Rani. @ranveersingh @aliaabhatt Your commitment, dedication, sincerity to the craft and pure raw talent is so galvanising. I just can’t thank you both enough for your brilliance in elevating the material. Shabana ji, @azmishabana18 phir kabhi phir ko fir nahin bolungi. Thank you for being such a committed artiste and a proud feminist. I am so inspired your fearlessness and talent. Jaya Ji – it was so delightful to see you do this evil turn. The relish with which you were saying your lines and the comic timing that just faded into antagonism with so much ease, was exceptional. Dharam ji. @aapkadharam I am still pinching myself. I can’t believe you mouthed my lines. And the little time I spent with you on set, is going to be part of my core memories for life. Thank you @kshiteejog Aamir Basheer, @anjalidineshanand @utterlychurni and @totaroychoudhury for your pitch perfect performances. @shaunagautam @baidnitin @manushnandandop @shashankkhaitan @gogoroy @sohelsanwari and each and every member of the cast and crew, it was a privilege and honour working on the same film as you all.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by misschamko (@_ishita_moitra_)

Viacom18 Studios and Dharma Productions present A Dharma Productions film, Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani, produced by Hiroo Yash Johar, Karan Johar, and Apoorva Mehta, has released on the big screen on July 28, 2023.

ALSO READ: Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani: Ranveer Singh reveals Ranbir Kapoor’s reaction after watching the movie: “He was really appreciative”

The post Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani: Writer Ishita Moitra overwhelmed with positive response: “Thank you Karan Johar for giving me some of the most incredible writing days of my life” appeared first on Bollywood Hungama.

Via Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/hvmyZSc

Comments