Karan Johar dubs Shah Rukh Khan a ‘wizard’ of words: “He is truly the emperor not just on screen but off screen”

Filmmaker Karan Johar is currently filming season 8 of his chat show Koffee With Karan, which airs on Disney+ Hotstar. Six episodes have aired so far with the seventh episode set to air this Thursday. However, fans are missing Shah Rukh Khan who hasn’t appeared in the last two seasons. Karan Johar says that he will ask SRK when the time is right.

Karan Johar dubs Shah Rukh Khan a ‘wizard’ of words: “He is truly the emperor not just on screen but off screen”

At the press conference of Koffee With Karan 8, Karan Johar said Shah Rukh Khan is a wizard of words and no one gives interviews like him. “Nobody speaks better than him. When he speaks on a global platform or a national platform, he is just the wizard of words. He is truly the emperor not just on screen but off screen. There’s a lot of collective love for him because of the man he has been to us off-screen.”

He added, “I don’t miss him that way, because I have Koffee with Karan with him every night. Almost every evening, Shah Rukh, Gauri, his family and I meet. I’m having those conversations. I understand why you might miss him, but I’m satiated because he’s a big, huge part of my existence.”

During the same conversation, he added, “If there’s any megastar who has earned his right to speak when he needs to, it’s Shah Rukh Khan. I, being his closest friend, should understand that. I have that leverage because he’s family to me. I can ask him and request him (to come on the show as a guest). He has never said ‘No’ to me. Hence, I didn’t ask him because I know he didn’t want to be in a dilemma where he would have to say ‘No’ to me.”

Karan Johar continued, “Therefore, I pick and choose what I ask for. He’s someone that matters the world to me. He’s my older brother. When the right time comes, I’ll ask him (to come on Koffee With Karan). And I know when he wants to speak, he will. When he does, it’ll be extraordinary as no one gives interviews better than Shah Rukh Khan. He’s an emperor not just of entertainment on screen but also off screen.”

Koffee With Karan 7 saw the appearance of Gauri Khan but it is rumoured that this season will have Suhana Khan’s appearance on the show.

ALSO READ: Koffee With Karan 8 press conference: Karan Johar reveals why he didn’t invite Shah Rukh Khan on the show: “I didn’t want him to be in a dilemma where he would have to say ‘No’ to me”

The post Karan Johar dubs Shah Rukh Khan a ‘wizard’ of words: “He is truly the emperor not just on screen but off screen” appeared first on Bollywood Hungama.

Via Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/PR1E5Fh

Comments